Register a lost report for:
Other (rabbit, bird, reptile etc.)
Click below to look at the most current listings for found animals in the Pittsburgh region:
Other (Rabbits, Birds, Reptiles, etc.)
If you have lost your pet:
1. Download this document (click here) and call the animal control facilities that service your neighborhood.
2. You can register an online lost report here. Otherwise, register your lost pet with Animal Friends' Lost and Found department by calling 412.847.7077.
3. Notify the other two local shelters, the Western Pennsylvania Humane Society at 412.321.4625 and the Animal Rescue League at 412.661.6452.
4. Be sure to let your neighbors and local vet offices know you are missing your pet. It is also helpful to post fliers with a photo throughout your area.
5. If you moved recently, your pet could travel back to your previous home. Check with the neighbors around your previous residence.
6. Put an article of clothing with your scent on it or your pet's favorite bedding outside in a quiet place. Your lost pet might just return to that familiar spot.
7. Check hiding places, such as garages, garden sheds & abandoned homes. At dusk, check with flash light under porches and bushes near your home.
8. Notify your local police department.
9. If you have your own personal accounts on Facebook and/or Twitter, post a lost report there as well. You can also post on the Lost Dogs Pittsburgh page on Facebook
10. You can contact our Low Cost Spay Neuter department at (412.847.7004) about cat trap rentals.
11. Notify your local mail carrier and crossing guards that your pet is lost. Inform anyone who is frequently in your area. Show them a picture of the animal if at all possible.
12. Post on www.lostmykitty.com or www.lostmydoggie.com.