Do you want to benefit from the tax savings that result from supporting Animal Friends, yet don't want to give up assets that you'd like your family to receive? You can have it both ways with a charitable trust.

There are two types of charitable trusts you can choose from:


Charitable Remainder Trusts

A charitable remainder trust is established by transferring money or assets into a trust under which a trustee is directed to make income distributions to non-charitable beneficiaries for a period of time. At the end of the term, the remainder of the trust assets are then passed outright to Animal Friends.

Charitable Lead Trusts

A charitable lead trust is essentially the reverse of a charitable remainder trust. You can establish a trust that pays the income to Animal Friends for a term (you can choose any number of years), then the property either reverts to you, as the donor, or passes to another specified non-charitable beneficiary.


We encourage you to work with a qualified attorney or financial advisor to provide guidance with setting up a trust.

Animal Friends

Caryl Gates Gluck Resource Center
562 Camp Horne Road | Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Phone: 412.847.7000 | Fax: 412.847.7001
M-F 11 a.m.-7 p.m. | S/S 10 a.m.-5 p.m.

Copyright 2015 Animal Friends Inc.