Saturday, Mar 28, 2020 | 2:30pm - 4:00pm
AF 130 “Animal Helpers” Badge Workshop
For Cadette Troops. Troops of animal-loving Cadettes are invited to Animal Friends to complete step #3 of the Animal Helpers badge: “Know how animals help people emotionally.”
- Find out about the studies that were used to create Animal Friends’ Therapets pet therapy program.
- Learn how Therapets animals are trained.
- Guided tour of the adoptable dogs, cats and rabbits.
- Hear from the volunteers – what they have to know to participate in therapy work and how their therapy dogs have helped people emotionally.
- Petting opportunity with a therapy dog.
- Question and answer time with therapy dog handlers.
Refund deadline: Tuesday, March 24 by 5 p.m.
- This event is not appropriate for Cadettes who are allergic to or afraid of dogs, cats or rabbits.
- Our photographer may be taking photos at this event. Troop leaders should make troop parents aware of Animal Friends policy regarding event photos:
Please be aware that your entrance to Animal Friends at this event serves as your voluntary agreement to appear on screen or in print as part of this or any other related media or promotions in perpetuity.
- Complete payment must be received to secure a troop reservation. Once a payment has been made, additional scouts may not be added to a troop’s head count.
- Refunds will be made for scouts who cannot attend if requests for refunds are made to Donna Klingelhofer by the refund deadline listed above.
- If you have questions about this event, please contact Donna at DKlingelhofer@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org.
At the Event:
- Space is limited. No Daisies, Brownies, Junior Girl Scouts or siblings may attend.
- Each group should have at least two chaperones but no more than four.
- Parking is limited. Please carpool.
- Check-in will be held between 2-2:25. If you arrive before 2 p.m., please wait in your vehicles.
- We will not be providing the “Animal Helpers” badge itself. Cadettes who do not already have an Animal Friends “Furry Fun” patch can receive one at check-in.
- Suggested attire: closed-toe shoes and school-appropriate clothing. Cadettes and chaperones may want to wear long pants and/or bring a light jacket due to the coolness of the building.