Although we are currently closed for walk-in adoptions, we are more motivated than ever by our mission of helping our residents find loving homes during this time. Our Adoption team will be working with potential adopters through phone calls and scheduled appointments to complete adoptions. Thank you for your understanding during this time – we are excited to help you find your perfect animal companion!
- If you are interested in adopting, please submit an application.
- Next, please reach out to our Adoption team to speak with an Adoption Counselor about the specific animal or species you are interested in adopting. The best way to do this will be by email at AdoptionInfo@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org.
- An Adoption Counselor will respond to your inquiry with answers to your questions and help you set up a time for a virtual meet and greet, at which time the animals’ behavioral and medical histories will be discussed with you.
- If you and your family are still interested in adopting, an in-person meet and greet will be scheduled. At this time, any additional meet and greets (such as with your resident dog) can be completed as well.
- All of the standard adoption guidelines will apply.
Thank you for your interest in adopting a homeless cat! Before you get started, take a moment to read our adoption guidelines to learn more about adopting from Animal Friends. Once you’re ready to meet your match, start your application or contact our Adoption team with any questions.
Email | 412.847.7002
Requested Adoption Donations
Young 6 months or younger | $100
Adult older than 6 months | $85
Senior 10 years or older | $50
Twice as nice! When you adopt two cats from Animal Friends, we only request a single adoption donation.
Meet Your Match
Below, you can get to know all of the cats who are currently available for adoption at Animal Friends and our satellite adoption location at Petco in Bethel Park. Each of our feline residents has received a thorough medical examination, all appropriate vaccinations, FIV and FeLeuk tests, microchip and is spayed or neutered.
Can’t find who you’re looking for?
- This page is automatically updated every hour, so check back often if you don’t find your match!
- Visit our satellite adoption location at Petco in Bethel Park.
- Find cats who are searching for homes through our Home-to-Home Adoption program.
- Learn more about our Employ-A-Cat program where we can help you find a working cat for your barn, stable, country club or other property.
Our adoption partners:
Our official cat food provider: