Do you want to work in a place where you can really make a difference?
See below for current job opportunities at Animal Friends. We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment with an enthusiastic team of dedicated animal lovers. Animal Friends is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants for employment regardless of race, color, age, disability, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Don’t forget! We depend on volunteers to do many different types of work at Animal Friends. Click here to become a volunteer!
Community & Special Events Coordinator
Job Overview and Responsibility:
This intern will work closely with the Development team in preparation and staffing of events both on and off site.
Daily tasks may include:
- Planning, coordination, supervision and implementation of events.
- Conceptualizing and presenting ideas for new third party events.
- Acting as a positive ambassador of the organization, promoting Animal Friends’ mission, vision, culture and policies throughout the community.
Additionally, he/she will gain first-hand experience in fundraising by completing the following tasks:
- Solicitation phone calls and email correspondence.
- Filing paperwork and organizing supplies.
- Miscellaneous office tasks.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a flexible schedule, including being available on nights and weekends.
- Must be open to local travel and have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and efficiently manage one’s time.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively, while maintaining composure around clients, donors, animals and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable soliciting and working with individuals and businesses.
- Comfortable working with and around dogs, cats and rabbits.
- Must have sincere interest in the work, programs, and mission of Animal Friends.
Term of Position:
Hours TBD as needed for college credit (if applicable)
Course credit (if applicable)
Director of Volunteer Services
Part Time (15-25 hours per week)
May include weekends and evenings
Animal Friends is a non-profit companion animal resource center serving the needs pets and people for 70 years. With more than 3,000 active volunteers, Animal Friends has contributed over 2,000,000 hours of volunteer service to our shelter and community over the past 10 years at our Camp Horne Road facility.
The Volunteer Department Intern will gain first-hand experience in volunteer program planning, advertising, and implementation in a non-profit setting, including, but not limited to individual and day of service group volunteer opportunities.
Hands-on duties will include:
- Assisting with developing marketing and advertising strategies for volunteer events and programs
- Set up and tear down for volunteer functions
- Assisting with volunteer fairs and day of service group programs
- Assisting with directing and managing Day of Service volunteer programs and office assistance volunteers
- Aide in event planning, decorating, and implementation
Administrative duties will include:
- Update, input and compile data with Volgistics Volunteer Management System
- Volunteer program research
- Email and phone correspondence
- Assist with other relevant duties as requested
The intern will be one of the onsite representatives and a contact person for volunteer questions and scheduling. He or she should be able to trouble shoot and problem solve efficiently, while maintaining composure around clients, donors, animals, and volunteers.
Reports directly to the Director of Volunteer Services and the Volunteer Coordinators.
Actively engages with various departments throughout Animal Friends.
- Must be over 18
- Must have the ability to follow directions, work independently, and efficiently manage one’s time
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work (set up, run, tear down) Animal Friends volunteer programs when needed, in conjunction with the Volunteer Department team and volunteers
- Must be comfortable working with and around shelter animals including, dogs, cats, and rabbits
- Must have sincere interest in the vision and mission of the Animal Friends organization and be willing to comply with our culture statement
- Must have access to reliable transportation to and from Animal Friends and be open to local travel
- Computer literacy required with a working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite
- May be working with materials of a confidential nature and must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Tracey Eakin, Chief Financial Officer at TEakin@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org. No phone calls, please.