Although we are currently closed for walk-in adoptions, we are more motivated than ever by our mission of helping our residents find loving homes during this time. Our Adoption team will be working with potential adopters through phone calls and scheduled appointments to complete adoptions. Thank you for your understanding during this time – we are excited to help you find your perfect animal companion!
- If you are interested in adopting, please submit an application.
- Next, please reach out to our Adoption team to speak with an Adoption Counselor about the specific animal or species you are interested in adopting. The best way to do this will be by email at AdoptionInfo@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org.
- An Adoption Counselor will respond to your inquiry with answers to your questions and help you set up a time for a meet and greet, at which time the animals’ behavioral and medical histories will be discussed with you.
- If you and your family are still interested in adopting, an in-person meet and greet will be scheduled. At this time, any additional meet and greets (such as with your resident dog) can be completed as well.
- All of the standard adoption guidelines will apply.
Thank you for your interest in adopting a homeless dog! Before you get started, take a moment to read our adoption guidelines to learn more about adopting from Animal Friends. Once you’re ready to meet your match, start your application or contact our Adoption team with any questions.
Email | 412.847.7002
Requested Adoption Donations
Young 6 months or younger | $200
Adult older than 6 months | $100
Senior 8 years or older | $50
Meet Your Match
Below, you can get to know all of the dogs who are currently available for adoption at Animal Friends. Each of our canine residents has received a thorough medical examination, all appropriate vaccinations, microchip and is spayed or neutered.
Can’t find who you’re looking for?
- This page is automatically updated every hour, so check back often if you don’t find your match!
- Find dogs who are searching for homes through our Home-to-Home Adoption program.
Our official dog food provider: