Not only do in-kind donations benefit our homeless dogs, cats and rabbits they also benefit the hungry pets whose owners are clients of dozens of our food pantry and Meals on Wheels partners.
Through your generosity, we’re able to serve as many pets in need as possible. And, for that, we cannot thank you enough.
- In-Kind Donation Drop Offs
- Amazon wish list
- Chewy.com wish list
- Cuddly wish list
- Chow Wagon Pet Food Bank
- Other ways to give
Please contact our Development team at Development@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org if a tax receipt is needed for in-kind donations made through our online Wish Lists.
In-Kind Donation Drop Offs
Please drop off any of the items we accept in our donation bins, located in our shelter lobby and inside the vestibule. Donations may be dropped off during our operating hours:
Tuesday-Friday | 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Out of an abundance of caution due to the spread of the rabbit hemorrhagic disease (RHD), we are not currently accepting used rabbit items. For more information on RHD, click here.
MOST NEEDED items:
- Unopened bags of dry cat, dog or rabbit food (small or medium bags, any brand accepted)
- Canned pet food
- Unopened treats
- Cat litter
- Pee pads
- Unopened prescription pet food
- Topical and oral parasite preventives
- Timothy hay
- Guinea pig food
- Small animal bedding
- Blankets without fringe or ties
- Bath towels
- Most new or gently* used pet supplies, including but not limited to:
- Collars, harnesses and leashes
- Crates and carriers
- Pet apparel and accessories
*All gently used items must be clean and free of excessive wear and tear.
These are items we DO NOT accept:
- Opened pet food or treats
- Refrigerated or frozen pet food
- Pet food containing rabbit as an ingredient
- Prescription medications
- Bed/couch pillows
- Used plastic bowls
- Used litterboxes
- Flea and tick powders or shampoos
- Opened pet shampoos
- Rawhides or bones not made in the USA