Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer! Currently, our Getting Started Orientations are full for the month of October. Please check back for future dates in November.
Without volunteers, Animal Friends simply could not be the progressive, successful organization it is today. Our dedicated volunteers are committed to spending time with our residents, bringing pet therapy to those who need it most, lending a hand at a low-cost clinic, greeting guests at our signature gala and everything in between. Every single hour they give is simply invaluable to our mission.
To become a volunteer with Animal Friends, you must:
- Be at least 13 years of age or older.
- RSVP and attend the Getting Started Orientation (using the “Start Your Application” button below).
- If you wish to work directly with the animals, additional training must be completed following the orientation. Animal handlers are asked to make a monthly commitment to the volunteer program.
- If you wish to become a Volunteer Foster, you must attend a foster training workshop after you have completed your orientation.
- Have a genuine interest in animal welfare and Animal Friends’ mission and vision.
Volunteers Aged 13-18
- Volunteers younger than 18 years must attend the Getting Started Orientation with a parent or guardian. Parents/guardians must also fill out and submit a separate application to become a volunteer.
- Completing your volunteer hours for school? Check out our information on Service Hours for School or Work.
- Under 13? Animal Friends offers many opportunities to get involved through our Humane Education program.
Interested in group volunteering? Check out our opportunities for a Day of Service at Animal Friends!
Ready to get started volunteering? Please click the button below to fill out your volunteer application and register for an orientation.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer team.
Volunteering@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org | 412.847.7053