Without volunteers, Animal Friends simply could not be the progressive, successful organization it is today. Our dedicated volunteers are committed to spending time with our residents, bringing pet therapy to those who need it most, lending a hand at a low-cost clinic, greeting guests at our signature gala and everything in between. Every single hour they give is simply invaluable to our mission.
To become a volunteer with Animal Friends, you must:
- RSVP and attend the Getting Started Orientation at Animal Friends.
- Be 13 years or older.
- Volunteers younger than 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the Getting Started Orientation and certain other trainings. Volunteers must be 16 or older to socialize cats or rabbits and 18 or older to socialize dogs without a parent or guardian.
- All parents/guardians accompanying someone younger than 18 must also RSVP for the Getting Started Orientation.
- Under 13? Click here to learn more about how you can help the animals.
- For court-ordered community service, click here.
If you wish to work directly with the animals, you must attend an animal handling training workshop.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer team.
Volunteering@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org | 412.847.7053