We’re thrilled that you’re interested in fundraising for Animal Friends! Together, we can continue to serve our region through our lifesaving programs and services. Here are a few tips and tools to help make your fundraiser a success …
- Lead the way. Start by making a gift of your own and ask your friends and family to match your donation.
- Host an event. Coordinate a raffle, silent auction, bake sale, penny drive, garage sale, poker night, book sale, clothing swap or any other fun ideas that can be used toward your individual fundraising goal. Enlist your friends, family and co-workers to spread the word.
- Birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and special occasions are a wonderful time to share your love for Animal Friends with those close to you. Instead of gifts, ask people to make a charitable gift to Animal Friends to celebrate your special day.
- One person’s junk can be another person’s treasure. Organize a garage sale and you’ll clean out your house and give back to the community at the same time.
- Use company matching programs – ask your company to match pledges received.
- Just ask! Most people are more than willing to help support causes that are being endorsed by their peers.
Social Media Tips
- Spread the word about your fundraiser on social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Start a fundraiser benefiting Animal Friends on Facebook.
- Include a link to our donation page on Twitter and in your Instagram profile.
- Set up weekly goals on your social media accounts.
- Create a friendly challenge to see who can raise the most in a short period of time.
- Thank your supporters!
- Reward your donors with shout outs on your social media pages. It’s a great way to make them feel good about their contribution. Don’t forget to tag Animal Friends!
- Or, you can send them a text, email or thank you card.
- $500 could admit two animals in crisis to Animal Friends.
- $250 may underwrite up to 10 spay or neuter surgeries.
- $100 could support the medical care of an animal rescued by our Humane Police Officers.
- $50 may provide pet food to a family in need through our Chow Wagon Pet Food Bank.
- $25 could feed and shelter one animal for one day.
- $10 may provide enrichment activities for Animal Friends residents.
- No donation is too small. Every dollar truly makes a difference in the lives of the pets and people of our region.
About Animal Friends
When fundraising, your audience needs to understand who Animal Friends is in order for them to feel safe and confident in who they are supporting. Guide them to our website or social media pages to learn more about our lifesaving work.