Please note: Dog adoptions are currently suspended. Click here for more information.
Each one of our dogs has been thoroughly examined by our medical staff, is current on all appropriate vaccinations including rabies, and has been spayed or neutered. Each of our dogs is also "microchipped," or implanted with a small identification chip that can help to get him back home should he get lost.
We request the following for dog adoption:
- Dogs age 6 months and older: $75
- Puppies under 6 months: $125
- Animal Friends appreciates our armed forces every day! The requested adoption donation is waived for veterans and active duty members.
- Golden Age Retrievers: If you are age 60 or older, a portion of your adoption has been underwritten. Click here for details.
Before meeting with a dog, you will be asked to fill out an application. Click here to start your application now! Then, come meet the pet in person! Weekends at Animal Friends are bustling, but adoptions tend to be much slower on weekdays. If you're able to visit us Monday through Friday, you'll enjoy the quickest service!
A typical adoption can take one hour or longer. Please arrive at least one hour before closing if you plan to adopt that day.
Can't find what you're looking for today?
- Check back! This page is updated every hour!
- If you can not see any dogs here: This page is automatically updated once every hour, at the beginning of the hour. During these updates, you may not be able to find any dogs. Please wait just 1-2 minutes and we promise the dogs will return!
- You can sort the dogs below by age, breed, name, gender, main color, or date of arrival. Simply click on the word on top of each column (example: "gender") and the animals will sort accordingly.
- Be sure to check out the special dogs looking for homes through our Home to Home page, too.
- You can register your breed interest in our database. Simply click here and fill out the survey. An email will be sent to you when the breed you are searching for comes to Animal Friends.