Are you ready to adopt a pet? Animal Friends cares for 250 animals on site and many more in foster homes. Let's get started!
Find True Love Adopt-a-Thon
Sat. and Sun., Feb. 11-12 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Animal Friends
(562 Camp Horne Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237)
It’s a great weekend to find true love at Animal Friends! We have plenty of dogs, cats and rabbits of all ages and temperaments that can’t wait to be your fuzzy valentine. And, High Hopes will generously underwrite all requested adoption donations – so each one of our homeless residents is truly priceless*.
*Standard adoption application procedures apply.
To meet adoptable animals in person:
Visit our Center
Come see us Monday through Friday from 11:00 am - 7:00 pm, or Saturday-Sunday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Our adoption application process is careful and thorough. A typical adoption can take one hour or longer. Please arrive at least one hour before closing if you plan to adopt that day.
Visit our satellite adoption location!
Meet some of Animal Friends’ adoptable cats at Petco, 59 Fort Couch Road, Bethel Park, PA 15241 (412.835.6008). Visit Monday – Saturday: 9am – 9pm or Sunday: 10am – 7pm. Adoption counselors are available Monday through Friday from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday from 12 p.m. through 4 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
View our adoptable animals online.
Use the menu on the left side of this page to view dogs, cats or rabbits.
Review Animal Friends' Adoption Guidelines
- All adopters must complete our application and meet with a counselor for adoption approval.
- All adopters must be at least 21 years of age.
- If any animal in your household is not spayed or neutered, we are happy to refer you to our low cost spay and neuter program so that you may have your pet altered prior to adopting.
- All household members must be present prior to the finalization of an adoption.
- If you are interested in adopting a dog and you already have a dog(s) in your household, we will arrange a canine meet-and-greet prior to finalizing the adoption. Please bring your current dogs' rabies certificate.
- We will need to verify home ownership. If you rent, we will need a copy of your lease stating that your landlord permits you to have pets along with your landlord’s signature and contact information.
- We will only hold an animal if the animal needs to meet other people or animals in your household, you need to obtain landlord approval, or a home visit is required.
- For meet and greets and landlord approval, the maximum hold time is 2 hours.
- We place animals within the state of Pennsylvania or outside of Pennsylvania but still within a 75 mile radius of our address.
- We do not place animals as gifts for others.
- The cats we place are intended to be indoor-only companion animals.
Click below to meet our residents:
Click here to start your adoption application!
With So Many Homeless Animals Out There, Why Adopt From Animal Friends?
From Application to Adoption: Know the Process
When it's Time to Seek a Professional: The Role of Animal Friends' Adoption Counselors
What's That Mean? Deciphering Frequently-Used Adoption Terms
Contact our Adoption department: