Run for their lives!
Pittsburgh Marathon Weekend | Friday, April 30-Sunday, May 2, 2021
Registration is now open – join Team Animal Friends and hit the ground running for the 2021 Pittsburgh Marathon! With each passing mile, you will be stepping up your commitment to the homeless animals and lifesaving programs at Animal Friends.
Best of all, charity runners run for free!
By joining Team Animal Friends and fundraising to support the pets and people of our community, your registration fee will be covered by lifesaving donations from your friends and family. And, as a member of our team, you will receive a free shirt so you can wear your Team Animal Friends pride on your sleeve!
You will receive a registration refund by raising the following amounts:
- $1,000 Relay Team (whole team) – could feed and shelter 40 homeless animals for one day.
- $500 Full Marathon – may admit two animals to Animal Friends.
- $400 Half Marathon – could support the medical care of an animal rescued by our Humane Society Police Officers.
- $150 5k – may provide fun and exciting enrichment games for our resident dogs, cats and rabbits.
- $50 Kids Marathon, Toddler Trot or Pet Walk – could fund one spay or neuter surgery.
Step by Step Registration:
- Sign in or create a new Race Roster account at the registration link below.
- Select a race.
- Complete registration info.
- Select yes to run for a charity.
- Select Animal Friends.
- Finish answering questions.
Back Half Marathon
Plus, brand new for the 2021 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon Weekend of Events, P3R is proud to introduce the “Back Half.” Every year, thousands of runners complete the UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon, many of them running the race multiple years. But unless those runners want to run the complete 26.2-mile DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon course, they never get to see the second half of the course. 2021 is the year that changes for 500 lucky and dedicated half marathoners. Raise $1,500 for Team Animal Friends before Dec. 31 to be eligible to participate in the exclusive Back Half Marathon! Click here to learn more!
For more than 75 years, Animal Friends has been pounding the pavement and setting the pace for humane programming in the Pittsburgh region. Right out of the gate, we served as a humble matchmaking service for homeless pets. Today, we have evolved into a full-service animal resource community.
Year after year, we continue to establish our personal best by providing shelter, care and placement for more than 2,600 homeless pets annually – just like we’re doing for Bubba, Trouble and Brandy. And, we’re proud to offer our nationally recognized programs that include aggressive spay/neuter services, low-cost vaccines, humane education, behavior classes, pet therapy and so much more!
So please, join us to run for their lives … it will make your runner’s high that much more worthwhile.
For more information, contact Tricia at PPanos@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org or 412.847.7073.