Run for their lives!
Pittsburgh Marathon | Sunday, May 3, 2020
Join Team Animal Friends to run for their lives in the 2020 Pittsburgh Marathon.
To join Team Animal Friends, follow the instructions on the registration page. Be sure to choose Animal Friends when you reach the section of the registration form titled “Charity Runners Run for Free.”
For more than 75 years, Animal Friends has been pounding the pavement and setting the pace for humane programming in the Pittsburgh region. Right out of the gate, we served as a humble matchmaking service for homeless pets. Today, we have evolved into a full-service animal resource community.
Year after year, we continue to establish our personal best by providing shelter, care and placement for more than 2,600 homeless pets annually – just like we did for Bubba, Trouble and Brandy. And, we’re proud to offer our nationally recognized programs that include aggressive spay/neuter services, low-cost vaccines, humane education, behavior classes, pet therapy and so much more!
So please, join us to run for their lives … it will make your runner’s high that much more worthwhile.
You can sign up to participate in one of the following:
- $1,000 Relay Team (whole team) – could feed and shelter 40 homeless animals for one day.
- $500 Full Marathon – may admit two animals to Animal Friends.
- $400 Half Marathon – could support the medical care of an animal rescued by our Humane Society Police Officers.
- $150 5k – may provide fun and exciting enrichment games for our resident dogs, cats and rabbits.
- $50 Kids Marathon, Toddler Trot or Pet Walk – could fund one spay or neuter surgery.
For more information, contact Tricia at PPanos@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org or 412.847.7073.