As we continue to gather new and developing information regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus and recognize our commitment to the health of our community, Animal Friends will be closed to the general public through Thursday, April 30.
During this time, several essential programs will continue on a limited basis. However, in an effort to continue to serve the pets and people of our region who need our services the most, we are asking that our staff, volunteers and other visitors to our campus practice responsible self-selection and social distancing practices during this difficult time.
The following programs and services will remain operational on a limited basis:
- Admissions (by appointment only) | 412.847.7078
- Adoptions (by appointment only) | AdoptionInfo@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org
- Telemedicine Appointments
- Humane Investigations | 412.847.7066 (in case of emergency, dial 9-1-1)
- Chow Wagon Pet Food Bank | 412.847.7023
- Thank you! We have received an incredible response from the community and are working hard to train our newest foster guardians. Please check back for updates.
The following programs have been suspended until further notice:
- Clinic Services (including spay/neuter appointments and vaccine clinics)
- Retail Stores
- Animal Friends University classes, dog socials, play yard rentals and training sessions
- Special Events
- Volunteer Open Houses and training sessions
- Therapets visits
- Reading with Rover and Pet-Assisted Literacy Services (PALS)
- Humane Education site visits
Other Postponed or Canceled Events
- Brunch with the Bunnies scheduled for Saturday, April 11 has been canceled.
- Bow Wow Bingo Soirée scheduled for Saturday, April 18 has been postponed. Date to be determined.
As this situation continues to develop, Animal Friends remains committed to our lifesaving mission and assisting as many dogs, cats, rabbits and people as possible. We also recognize the importance of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our staff, volunteers and the homeless animals in our care.
Like many businesses and organizations, Animal Friends has already begun to experience the financial implications of the COVID-19 outbreak. Please consider making a donation to support our work during this very challenging time. We are currently only able to accept in-kind donations of cleaning supplies, unopened bags of pet food, canned food and treats.