As we continue to gather new and developing information regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus and recognize our commitment to the health of our community, Animal Friends is now open by appointment only.
Our regular hours of operation will be Tuesday-Friday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
While we will be open on a limited basis to serve the pets and people of our region who need our services the most, we are asking that our staff, volunteers and all visitors to our campus wear a mask or other face covering and practice responsible self-selection and social distancing practices during this difficult time.
The following programs and services are currently available by appointment:
- Admissions | 412.847.7078 | AdmissionsInfo@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org
- Adoptions | 412.847.7002 | AdoptionInfo@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org
- Chow Wagon Pet Food Bank | 412.536.3885 | EMoser@ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org
- Humane Investigations | 412.847.7066 (in case of emergency, dial 9-1-1)
- Nail Trims | 412.847.7042
- Spay/Neuter Appointments | 412.847.7004 (for feral cats and partner organizations – public appointments not yet available)
- Vaccine Clinic Appointments | 412.847.7004
- In-Kind Donations:
- Unopened bags of dog, cat, or rabbit food
- Unopened treats
- Canned food
- New toys
- Cleaning supplies
- Retail Store | Sunday Noon-4 p.m. | Online Store
- Retail Re-Sale Store | Sunday, Tues.-Fri. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
The following programs will remain suspended until further notice:
- Dog Socials – including Puppy Playschool, Small Dog Social and Teacup Hour
- Special Events
- Volunteer Open Houses and training sessions
- Therapets visits
- Reading with Rover and Pet-Assisted Literacy Services (PALS)
- Humane Education site visits
- Play Yard Rental Program | online reservations
As this situation continues to develop, Animal Friends remains committed to our lifesaving mission and assisting as many dogs, cats, rabbits and people as possible. We also recognize the importance of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our staff, volunteers and the homeless animals in our care.
Like many businesses and organizations, Animal Friends has experienced the financial implications of the COVID-19 outbreak. Please consider making a donation to support our work during this very challenging time. We are currently only able to accept in-kind donations of cleaning supplies, unopened bags of pet food, canned food, treats, cat litter and enrichment items.